Summer Jumpers Making A Splash…..
Risky or not….it’s a Summer time ritual for many!
First of all, let us say this…..the SpitDudes do NOT condone or promote the jumping off of any bridge. In fact, we are admitted wusses and aren’t comfortable jumping off a footstool, let alone a freekin bridge. With that said…….we do like watching kids scream bloody murder as they free fall 30 plus feet into some of the coldest water on earth.
There are several places you will find these lunatics, but here is the local list for the SpitDudes territory!
- Route 3A Bridge in Scituate/Marshfield – this one is always busy when the heat and humidity hits. There are signs up there saying no jumping, but it doesn’t seem to stop these thrill seekers.
- Sea Street Bridge in Hummarock – this is about the same type of jump and the route 3A bridge, with maybe a little less boat traffic. It’s also a little bit of work after you jump. It’s a long bridge, so prepare to do some walking after you get out of the water!
- Union Street Bridge in Norwell/Marshfield – This seems to be the bridge of choice for a few reasons. It’s a bit inland and appeals to folks in Norwell and Hanover…it also has minimal boat traffic, and the swim back to shore is easier than the others. You can get several jumps in, in a matter of minutes.
- Edward Foster Road Bridge in Scituate – this is the bridge that leads from the harbor village to 2nd cliff, and Peggoty Beach. This is more our speed if we were to jump. A managable drop into some warmer, yet not as clean water.
- Mill Bridge in Cohasset – This bridge has gotten some press over the years for all the wrong reasons. Of course, people who can’t swim shouldn’t be jumping of bridges. Duh!
Then there are always safer jumps……like these:
‘Spit Kids’ products are BACK!
Over the years, we’ve been asked, or suggested to make items for babies… We’ve always had items for 5 and up, but had nothing for the infants.. Until NOW!
- Sweat Shirts
In addition to standard kids sizes, we now have onsies and bibs for the beach babies in your life!
Exclusively, and ONLY available at ‘Sylvia’s By The Sea‘ on Front Street, in little ‘ole Scituate…